It's been a busy time since I last blogged. I've had school to deal with (the end is near and it's starting to be crunch-time), projects to finish, and basically just a lot of little things I've had to do (from room-cleaning to getting my hair cut).
Anyway, I'm enjoying Easter Break now. I've done some more demo work in prep of the recording I'll be doing for Fender Bender this week. Tomorrow DJ's coming over to help me mix Austin's songs and some other stuff, record some things for my album, and get drums ready for recording. Will's coming in on Saturday to lay down the beats and I think we'll try some different mics and setups for the heck of it.
Meanwhile, I've been doing some re-writes and changing some instrumentations, and trying to catch up on some regular old fun times as well. I got to watch 24 (great stuff going on), listen to some great music on my newly replaced iPod, and hang out with my dog and family. It's good, and I'm glad I took today to relax, since I'm about to launch into studio work mode.
A fun idea I had that i may try tomorrow morning is to take my macbook, m-audio box, guitars, and a mic with stand out somewhere and record. (Thanks, Garageband!) I won't need any plug sockets and my batter ought to last for 2-3 hours if it's fully charged, so that'd be fun. Maybe out in some parking lot, a park, or in my backyard. who knows? I'm excited to give it a try.
Anyway, I have a couple things to finish up for the demo CD i'm gonna be giving Will later tonight, so I'm out for now.
-Rob.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well written article.
Post a Comment