So it's 2:34 and I can't sleep.
Maybe it's the chocolate I had before bed.
Maybe it's the fact that I've been on a really weird sleep schedule lately.
Maybe it's that I can't shut my brain off, because The Nova Ray is playing our first show tomorrow.
Whatever the reason, it's kind of annoying. Also, it's kind of hot here in my bedroom at my house, and the thermostat is in my parents' bedroom, so I can't change it. (and yes, on the weekends I drive the whopping 20 minutes from my dorm to stay at home for most of the weekend. I have my family with brother and grandparents, a studio, and a lot more room than my dorm.)
It's been an interesting couple of days. I'm realizing that I made some scholastic mistakes and didn't take my classes seriously enough, so i'm gonna have to buckle down lke mad to pull out of this semester with the GPA I want. Jack and I covered "Whole" by Pedro the Lion this week and I'm definitely excited about how it turned out.I started recording an acoustic EP of some songs, but I'm gonna have to postpone that for now.
I wrote most of a new song yesterday and today. Let's see if I can finish up the lyrics here...
************************
A simple question --
But one with so much meaning underneath.
A cold confession
To stumble out from quiet, clenching teeth.
An intervention
To cast away the selfishness and fear.
A strange ascension
From everything that's low and dirty here.
What do you live for?
What makes you come alive?
What do you live for?
Is there anything that matters in your life?
Your ears are ringing
With every clash of confidence and doubt.
Devoid of meaning,
you wonder if this life's worth living out;
And pain is clinging --
The grip of iron and the weight of lead.
The sound of singing
can't even bring your heart to love your head.
What do you live for?
What makes you come alive?
What do you live for?
Is there anything that matters in your life?
Respect, attention, devotion, or love
The thrill, the power, what do you dream of?
New hope, lost peace, a broken-down wall
Pleasure or purpose or nothing at all?
What do you live for?
What makes you come alive?
What do you live for?
Have you found what really matters in this life?
**********************
-Rob
Sunday, April 15, 2007
What do you live for?
Labels:
acoustic,
first show,
lyrics,
sleep,
song,
the nova ray,
what do you live for,
whole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment