Sunday, March 25, 2007

First Post

Last night I was checking out (musical artist) Imogen Heap's blog, which documents the development of her upcoming 3rd album. She updates it daily with information on how the songs are coming along as well as anything else of interest that's currently going on.

I decided that I'd do the same. I'm in the process of recording my album Fender Bender at my home studio in Brentwood, and I'd like to document the continuing process, starting now. It's been a long time coming -- several of these songs were first drafted towards the end of my junior year of high school, and I'm now approaching the end of my freshman year at Belmont.

Thankfully, the time it's taken be to be ready for this album has allowed me to develop each song, write new ones, painfully deliberate over the tracklisting, and (hopefully) have the outline for this project.

I'll be blogging about how, when, where, with whom, and why I'm creating this album, and as a part of that process I'll probably include some seemeingly unrelated personal tidbits. Just weed out what you can.

Today I should have a bit of time to do some mixing and a bit of tracking before having to get my things together and head off to the Relient K show and then my dorm. I'll let you know about it tomorrow. Right now, it's time to go.

-Rob.